Tuesday of the Third Week of Lent

Daniel 3:25, 34-43     Matthew 18:21-35

Today's Gospel has a very good message. The Gospel talks all about forgiveness. Forgiveness is such an important aspect of being kind and having a strong faith. God forgives us for everything we do and still loves us through all of it, so this means we need to repay him by forgiving others in everything they do.

The Gospel talks about a Master who forgives the debt that his servant owes by not sending him to jail. This servant is in the same situation later and does not forgive the servant that owes him money. In a way God is this master who forgives us for all we have done; and whenever we don't forgive our peers, we are like the servant who refused to forgive another’s debts.

This Gospel reminds me of when something happens that offends me or hurts me, I get upset and I hold a grudge, like staying mad when one of my siblings stole something from me. I look back and I think - “Wow, I really should have forgiven them and not been so rude about it.” In a way I was like that servant. Even though God has forgiven me for everything I have done, I did not forgive the one who offended me.

Q: Who do I need to forgive today? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday after Ash Wednesday

Wednesday of the First Week of Lent

Palm Sunday - March 24